Flying commercially is, as the kids say, for the birds. It takes, what seems like, hours to board the plane and take off to your final destination, all while listening to someone's child cry a couple rows around you and waiting in line to use the lavatory. That is why it's only logical to look into private air travel when booking your trips.
If you're new to the world of private jets and private plane rental, you'll likely have several questions. To lend a hand, here are some of the top FAQs for private air travel:
- Is private jet travel safe?
- Private jet travel follows the same safety standards as commercial airlines. You should feel just as safe flying in a private charter jet as a commercial jet.
- How much does private jet travel cost?
- The price of the flight can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars per flight. It depends on the size of the jet, the charter company you're booking through and the destination you are flying.
- How far in advance do I need to book a private jet?
- With it being a private flight, you have the ability to book a jet within hours of needed departure. However, it's suggested to book at least a week in advance.
- Can private jets fly into major airports?
- Yes, you can land your private jet at international and domestic airports.
- Where do I go to board the private jet?
- In both smaller and larger airports, you will go to the fixed base operator where the ground crew will escort you to your plane.
- Are pets and/or smoking allowed?
- The on-flight rules differ for each jet. It's best to run your needs and concerns by the travel agent when booking the jet.
For all of the answers to these FAQs and more information about private air travel, contact Royal Air Charter today! We'll be happy to answer the questions and help you find the perfect private jet for your next vacation or business trip.